Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Stuck in a Rut?

My schedule is settling into what it's going to be for the forseeable future. It feels good to have some structure to the chaos.

And the very beginnings of what might actually be a routine...

I know. There are people out there who quake at the mere thought of a routine. I guess to them it sounds like one step removed from a rut. Which it sort of is.

But what's wrong with that?

I look at it this way. If I know when I'm supposed to be doing the things I'm supposed to be doing, if it's not one of those times, definitionally during those not times, my time is FREE.

The flip side is to have no routine...

If there is no time when I'm supposed to be doing a particular thing and those things - whatever they might be - need to get done, I'm definitionally not ever doing what I should be doing and my time is never FREE...

Bring on the routine!

No comments: