Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kindle-Krazy

What can I say?

I love my Kindle.

When I read the on-screen letter from Jeff Bezos, I hesitated less than fifteen seconds before hitting the 1-Click button. Perhaps not my finest moment, but definitely one I'd repeat with even less hesitation.

My Kindle is awesome.

I can read whatever I'm in the mood for -- without any advance planning on my part AND without lugging around an assortment of books so I'll have what I want just in case I have time to read. In the few days I've had it, I've read more than I've read in years. And a greater variety, too.

According to Daniel Henninger, who's rooting for the Kindle, I may well be one of "Leibowitz's monks." Sounds good to me!

The feel of the Kindle is just right. My newspapers beam themselves down as I sleep and are waiting for me when I can grab a moment. It is NOT the same as reading the paper on my laptop -- this is actually a pleasure. And whenever I want to read something different than what's already on my Kindle, I can click the button and something wonderful appears.

How slick is that?

No comments: