Monday, April 21, 2008

Carbon Footprint ...

Earth Day is coming up so I decided to see how we were doing with our footprint - the mark our family leaves upon Planet Earth.

How bad could it be?

We recycle. Drive an energy-efficient, high mpg car. Try to group our errands ...

I went to the Earthlab site, clicked on the icon with the tree and Take the Challenge, completed the questionnaire, waited a moment, and saw our results ...

We're doing great.

Or would be if we were an entire village!

I immediately headed for CatalogChoice to stop the avalanche arriving here daily. Then I checked out some of the tips in Go Green, Live Rich by David Bach.

Turns out by putting the cap back on the bottles I recycle, I've been dooming them to a landfill all this time ...

The good news is - there are plenty of ways we can do better!

Here's to a smaller Carbon Footprint by this time next year ...

Happy Earth Day :-)

No comments: