Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Rebecca Skloot - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

I'm so excited! I just read the New York Times review of Rebecca Skloot's book and it is outstanding! The reviewer, Dwight Garner, calls it "a thorny and provocative book..." AND he says "I was holding one of the most graceful and moving nonfiction books I've read in a very long time." AND - one more, please - "It signals the arrival of a raw but quite real talent." I met Rebecca at a conference almost ten years ago. Since then I've been in her group at a subsequent conference and been fortunate to have her in my corner when I've needed writing-related recommendations or advice. She is unfailingly gracious and a delight to know. This book has been a long time in the making - and well worth the effort! CHEERS to Rebecca Skloot!

No comments: