Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Look! It's the Witches of Agnesi!

The past month has just been one big blur of activity. Among other things, I've been busy writing my posts for the blog I co-author with Margaret Balch-Gonzalez. We started it while we were at the Brown Writers Symposium this summer. We call it, The Witches of Agnesi, in tribute to an extraordinary 18th-century Italian mathematician and social activist named Maria Gaetana Agnesi. Margaret and I blog about the pursuit of scientific knowledge and how it affects our lives.

My post today was about the recommendation for Barack Obama to create a cabinet-level position titled "Assistant to the President for Science and Technology." Check it out when you get a chance, and don't forget to take a look at the excellent website Margaret created to go along with our blog.

No comments: